In this section you can find out how to request a VAT refund for your purchases made in Italy, both inside and outside the airport. In fact, all those who are resident or domiciled outside the European Union are eligible for a reduction or refund of VAT included in the purchase price of goods.
HOW AND WHEN TO APPLY?
The conditions required for a foreign purchaser to receive a refund are listed below:
- residence or domicile outside the European Union;
- purchase of goods intended for personal/household use;
- total value in excess of 154.94 Euro (VAT included) per invoice;
- invoice (product description, traveller's personal details and passenger's passport details);
- goods must be transported outside the territory of the European Union within three months from the date of purchase;
- invoice must be returned to the Italian vendor within four months from the date of purchase (responsibility of the tax refund agency).
TO WHICH CATEGORIES OF GOODS PURCHASED CAN IT BE APPLIED?
Below is a list of articles eligible for a VAT refund:
- clothing, footwear, leather goods and accessories;
- small pieces of furniture, furnishing and household objects;
- sporting goods;
- gold articles and jewellery;
- musical instruments and accessories;
- computers and accessories;
- telephony and radio-television equipment;
- car accessories;
- food, wine and alcohol.
WHO PERFORMS THE VAT REFUND?
Getting the VAT refund in the airport is truly easy: the vat refund companies present at the airport ensure an immediate refund in cash, taking care all the red tape.
When buying remember to request an invoice bearing the logo of the vat refund company (with which the store is associated), when you are at the airport, ready to return to your country of origin, this document will be sufficient to immediately get your refund at the nearest vat refund pointl. You will immediately get your money, either in cash or on your credit card, with no need to return the invoice stamped by Customs at the point of exit from EU territory to the Italian vendor: the Tax Refund Agency will take care of everything.
To descover all the vat refund desks at Malpensa click here.
Welcome to the official account of Milan Linate and Milan Malpensa airports. Customer Care via Twitter Active 8-22. Use #AskLinate #AskMalpensa for info.WRITE US
BUY CITY PASS MILANO CARD
MilanoCard is the official Milan City Pass and allows visitors to save money and time during their journey in Milan and Italy thanks a wide range of benefit.SHOP NOW
@APP MILAN AIRPORTS
The official apps of the Milan Malpensa and Milan Linate airports accompany passengers throughout their journey. Available for iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and smartwatches, travellers will receive regular updates on their flight. Main contents include: paperless e-commerce, live chat with Customer Care, Reduced Mobility Info. Up to date information on departing and arriving flight and more.DISCOVER MORE
MILAN AIRPORTS BOUTIQUE
With Milan Airports Boutique shopping is easier: secure your shopping, then collect and pay comfortably at the airport.DISCOVER MORE
and save your time!Buy online
- Milano Card
- Fast Track
- Vip Lounge
- Luggage Wrapping